What makes us special?
We like to be different. Not only do we differentiate ourselves from other firms in the level of service we provide, but all in the overall culture and atmosphere of the firm. From the “CJA way” to our team members, this is what makes us a special place to have a career:
- Dynamic, consulting-driven boutique CPA firm
- We only hire people with can-do attitudes and crazy initiative
- Focus on performance and quality-on-time deliverables
- 100% remote work
- Paperless environment (Really!)
- Triple monitors (if you drive to the office)
- Control your own bonus compensation
- Tablets provided to all professional staff
- Free parking (again, if you drive to the office)
- 1 or 2 Saturdays during tax season (we try not to)
- ½ day summer Fridays
- 10 holidays, including 2 days for Thanksgiving and Christmas
- 3 weeks’ paid time off
- 75% or more paid health, dental, and vision
- Health reimbursement card
- 100% paid life and short-term disability
- 401(k) profit sharing plan
- Semi-annual performance based bonuses
- Career planning
- Company logo wear and other items
As a member of our firm, you have the ability to control your own destiny and grow to your fullest potential. Our work is multifaceted and each of our staff have versatile work assignments rather than specializing in only one. Become part of a special team of professionals where your work has meaning, initiative is valued, and your voice will be heard.
CJA provides Extraordinary client service and that takes a “special kind of person” to bring instant value-added impact to an exciting, fast-paced environment. We are very entrepreneurial and consulting oriented. We provide a broad range of unique services beyond the typical accounting firm and place a high emphasis on accuracy, client service, planning, and initiative. All of our clients are small businesses.
What is a Special Kind of Person?
An individual who brings depth to a role that requires great people skills, critical thinking, a sense of ethical fairness, the ability to figure out anything (without excessive hand holding), excellent time/project management skills (without reminders), detailed oriented but can also see the big picture, above average analytical skills, adept to constant change, acknowledges mistakes, self-initiates corrective actions, and accepts responsibility to do what it takes is our definition of a “special kind of person”. Lastly, crazy initiative!
Yes, it’s a tall order, but our clients expect the BEST. To provide the best service, we need the best people, seriously. So only you know if our firm is a fit for you.
Recruitment Process for Current Openings
- submit a resume in MS Word format (.doc, .docx only) by clicking on APPLY NOW
- candidates that meet all qualifications will be selected for phone screening
- candidates will be scheduled for an accounting skills assessment
- candidates with a passing score will be interviewed
We are always looking for Special Kind of People and sometimes Special Kind of People are looking for us. Our ongoing recruitment process ensures we know where to find the best qualified candidates as openings become available in our firm.
Ongoing Recruitment Process
- submit a resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating desired firm role
- Special Kind of People will be contacted for a pre-screening interview
- As firm roles open, candidates that meet all qualifications for the opening will be contacted for updated resume submission, a skills assessment based on the opening, and an interview