Cheryl Jefferson Cooke, CPA|CFF, CGMA
Cheryl Jefferson Cooke is Principal of Cheryl Jefferson & Associates, LLC. She specializes in the areas of government contract accounting, forensic accounting, litigation support, financial statements, internal control, technology and small business advisory.
Cheryl has 15+ years of experience working with small businesses consisting of 1 to 150 employees with revenue upward of million. Her background ranges from public accounting to internal CFO functions. She has provided financial statement audits, compilations, and reviews; consulted with business owners for finance staff recruiting, budgets, projections, growth plans, staff training, and financial analysis. She has guided companies in all financial areas of government contract accounting including accounting system setup, continued compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), policies and procedures, incurred cost submission, claimed cost analysis and indirect cost rate agreements. She has assisted small businesses with services ranging from basic accounting needs to strategic finance and due diligence. Her skills allow her to communicate with all levels of an organization, thus making her a trusted advisor and sounding board for major business decisions including legal matters involving accounting and tax issues. Regardless of the complexity of the engagement, she has been able to always convey information in meaningful terms and evaluate and offer recommendations to business stakeholders for future improvement.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Maryland, District of Columbia, Florida
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), 2007 to present
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA), 1997 to present
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), 2005 to 2011
- Board of Directors (2009 – 2011) – Domestic Violence Center of Howard County
- Treasurer (2006-2007) – National Association of Women Business Owners, Baltimore Chapter
- Committee Member (2004-2006) – Maryland Association of CPA’s, Technology Committee
Ronald P. Cooke
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration 1983
Growing up, Ronald always wanted to be an airplane pilot, a perfect career choice in his alternate universe where he is traveling the world with his family in his own private airplane, an Embraer Phenom 100.
Jamie M. Shryock, CPA
- Certified Public Accountant – State of Maryland
- Bachelor in Business Administration 2001
- Masters in Accounting 2012
From the age of 10, Jamie always wanted to be a horse trainer. In fact, in her alternate universe, she is an equestrian at the international level in endurance riding. Ride on, Jamie!
Cyril joined CJA in May 2015. He has 1 year in administration. His focus is Project Management.
- Bachelor of Science, Information Systems (expected May 2016)
While he had childhood aspirations of becoming an astronaut, his talent is better served in his alternate universe where he is starting quarterback for the Washington Redskins and never gets hurt and never throws an interception.
- Certified Public Accountant – State of Ohio (inactive)
- Bachelor of Science, Business & Accounting 2000
As a child, Elizabeth was flying high with aspirations of becoming an astronaut. She floated back to earth when she went to Disney World and discovered that she was afraid of ALL space rides. In an alternate universe, Elizabeth would be fearless, enjoying extreme sports like skydiving, bungee jumping and even riding on an airplane. Keep aiming for the sky, Elizabeth!